Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Still in Bisbee

Starting my third or fourth night here, sort of lost track of time. It seems I've lost track of the days, I don't remember easily if it's Monday, or what ever day it is. "Maunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Wednesday" as  the young woman from "The Godfather" said.
I like it here well enough, It has all my requirements: good showers, wifi, not many people, and few huge 250K motorhomes, if any. The downside may be not much to do and see in the immediate area, though I may not have seen enough of Bisbee. It's a mining town, much like Butte. But, I'll explore it again tomorrow.
I went to Douglas, AZ today, 20 miles east, and took with me a fellow camper, he has a truck camper similar to mine, somewhat more low-rent. We did some errands, and saw a streetside taco stand that had either a bunch of Border Patrol  customers or they were being busted. We stopped, and had some excellent fish and shrimp tacos, I figured these guys would know where to have lunch.

A nice sunset today, a couple of pictures:



So, I like it here, well enough. Not a lot to do, but I'm finding there is not a lot to do anywhere I've been. So I may roost here: read, watch some movies in the evenings, convince the locals there is something to talk about other than trap and skeet shooting, there major interest in this place.

My daughter is out of the  hospital and doing ok, so that's a worry for the moment gone.

This is different than I had thought it would be, but we'll see if I can adapt. The desert environment is the same  as what I've seen, give or take cactus or varying kinds. Mesquite abounds, as well as quail and small deer, which I look at with hunger. I've hear there are wild pigs here, and I imagine one of them on a spit, turning slowly, fat dripping into the fire.

Fantasy aside, I hope all are well.

1 comment:

  1. I've always had a fantasy of doing a pig roast on a spit....but on a serious note, am very glad to hear the news of your daughter....glad she's doing better.

    ReplyDelete