Sunday, November 6, 2011

Gourmet cooking, um, not so much...

I'm near Yuma, after coming down from Quartzsite. I got here around noon, and was deciding what and where to go. A map showed me that Organ Pipe Cactus Nat'l Monument is a couple hours away, so I decided to stay here today. I found another RV park, not expensive, and again I'm the only truck camper. The others are trailers, permanent or not, 5th wheelers, and the uber-motorhomes. Ah well, they get exposed to a low-rent guy for the night.

So, I got a corned beef brisket at walmart, but didn't want to cook it here. It needs the dutch oven outside, etc, and that would be asking too much for this place. It'd be like putting up a clothesline, or a car on bricks. So, in the fridge was leftovers from last night; ribs done in the dutch oven, beans, and some biscuit dough. I wondered if the biscuits could be done stovetop, and decided sure.

So, here's the result:


Not bad, eh? It'll do the likes of me.

On tomorrow to the cactus place.

Cheers all.

2 comments:

  1. Not bad at all...and I especially enjoyed the painting behind all the cookery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, all that matters is that you're happy with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete