Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Bisbee, yet again

I spent the day today as the ones in the week past, listening to MPR over coffee for an hour or more, reading the SF Chronicle and Seattle Times, email and catching up with friends.

It was warm today, near 74, and no wind, unlike yesterday.  I got a haircut today at a Bisbee barber recommended by Roy, the owner of the RV campground, and enjoyed talking to the locals in the homey barbershop, then read and napped the afternoon away.

Tomorrow I'll prepare the gravy I'm doing for the potluck. My girls will be familiar with this one, except no real giblets.....I only found two large turkey necks, which I cooked for two hours on Monday. Tomorrow I'll make a roux, with olive oil, onions, garlic and a Thai chili pepper or two, then add the three quarts of stock with the chopped turkey neck meat. Sage of course, and whatever seasonings come to mind. I like the flavor that turkey livers add, but alas, none to be found.

I have a few days to decide to move on, or stay. The early evening sunset was beautiful, the long shadows and the distant mountains turning purple. I know pictures would be good, but....perhaps another post.

I'm starting to think that this may be the place I'm looking for, at least for a bit. Another week or two would not be out of the question.

I'll try to do some pics next post, but it all looks the same here, desert, rather distant mountains, and the sky.

Cheers,
Mike

4 comments:

  1. "desert, rather distant mountains, and the sky"...sounds like a beautiful place to put down wheels for awhile. A very Happy Thanksgiving to you, Mike...even, minus the livers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, now, m'dear, giblets are gifts from the blessed creator.....didn't I teach you anything?? Don't your remember the inviolate father/daughter contract you signed at birth???
    I was there, you got up from the OB table and took pen in hand...

    To all 4 of your observing, this is a private, dauthter/dad thing....

    Love you dear, hope you don't poison your sister tomorrow.....
    Cheers,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike, have a Happy Thanksgiving - with, or in this case, without giblets.

    ReplyDelete