Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wind

It's now been exactly 2 months since I left Butte. Seems like longer, and an age since I was in Seattle.

Today is my girls birthday, both born on 1 December, some years apart. Kate was less than thrilled to share her birthday for a couple hours, but they now refer to it as "our birthday". Great people, both of them, and the joys of my life.

It's windy, starting around 5 this morning. The camper is rocking like a ship in a storm. I've battened down any hatch I can, and am reading or surfing the web. Here's the Canadian camper across the road:


The skies are cloudless, but that's supposed to change by evening, and snow is forecast for tomorrow and Saturday. Not what I signed up for, it's what I'm trying to avoid this winter.

I'm thinking about heading over across New Mexico on Saturday, perhaps going as far as either Big Bend Nat'l Park, or even Laredo. It's the closest I can see where it's warmer.

My friend Glen came over this morning for coffee and to listen to MPR, and I plan to hole up for the rest of the day.

Cheers, all and sundry.

1 comment: