Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Crescent City, California

At last, the Pacific Ocean.



I drove down from Portland yesterday, rain all the way to Roseburg. Highway 199 took me from Grants Pass to 101 near Crescent City. My handy guidebook found me a quite nice KOA, first time I've ever stayed in one, I've always looked at them in disdain. Ha. Welcome to the retired world, Mike. The weather cleared up today, and I went to into town and gawked like any tourist.


Tomorrow I'll head further south, bit by bit. The Redwood National Park is next. I could get used to this.

1 comment:

  1. KOAs. My grandmother loves those. ;) I really miss the Pacific Ocean. Beautiful photos...and I'll be looking forward to a redwood post. My 4 years on the coast and I never made it up there. "Getting used to this" must be awful hard! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete