Monday, October 24, 2011

The day in Morro Bay

A relaxing day, the cloudy skies didn't inspire sightseeing, so I showered, did laundry, napped and read for a couple hours. I'm reading Jim Harrison's new book "The Great Leader", and finding it vintage Harrison. I drove into town and got two nice pieces of Opah, and a small charcoal unit. I was tiring of cooking everything stovetop.



The fish market also had a squid salad, made with sesame oil, and mixed with lettuce, it is delicious.

I did take a short walk from the RV place to the beach, and took these pictures of Morro Rock.



If you expand this last picture, surfers are visible.

I'm going to move on tomorrow, perhaps to Pismo Beach or a little further south. I'll be in LA for a week or two, staying with two friends before moving on. I'm finally finding this rhythm, I'm not uncomfortable with simply reading the day away, listening to NPR, or just people watching. We'll see if it lasts.

4 comments:

  1. I have an agate chess set, bought many years ago in San Clemente, and the knights look very much like the smaller rock formation in the last photo.

    I am so enjoying this trip of yours. I hope you continue to enjoy it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And why not? If there are no time constraints, you might as well do whatever you want to on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks gorgeous there. Enjoy LA, Dad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike, Liking this diet of yours! Squid salad. Fresh raw oysters. Never had Opah. Almost looks like a swordfish steak though. Nice. Safe travels, Garland

    ReplyDelete